The Ebola outbreak in eastern Congo has already claimed 100 lives. The health authorities said on Sunday evening.
In the North Kivu region bordering Uganda and Rwanda, 149 suspected cases of Ebola have been reported, 118 of which have been confirmed, the ministry said. Overall, since the announcement of the epidemic in early August 11 417 people had been vaccinated. The health services continue to seek to prevent further spread of the deadly virus. Recently, in early September, the World Health Organization (WHO) had been optimistic that the outbreak of Ebola in the Congo is slowly starting to decline.